Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:34:41 +0200
From:      Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan <dr.clau@xnet.ro>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Intel 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Driver question

--------------enigA09FD0B90B80ACD39D1DF17B

Hello,

I just bought a new motherboard, Intel 865GBF, which has onboard video.
I have a problem with the refresh rate settings for it. It keeps running
on 60Hz whatever I do.
I identified the problem as being the one from the FAQ for Intel®
830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Driver:

---
Why can I only get 60Hz refresh rates with my 845G/865G?

Versions of the driver before 25 January 2004 assumed that the
Intel-specific extended BIOS calls for setting the refresh rate would
always be available. Some recent video BIOSes do not support them. The
driver has now been updated to check for these extended BIOS calls
before relying on them. When they are not available, the standard VBE 3
method for setting the refresh rate is used. The easiest way to check if
this is your problem is to try the "vesa" driver and see if it correctly
sets higher refresh rates. If it does, this is the problem you are seeing.
---

I am using now the vesa driver which works corectly, but of course I
don't have all the features offered by the specific driver.
Please tell me, was this fix ported in FreeBSD, or there are any plans
to do it anytime soon ?

Thank you for your time.

With respect,

--
Claudiu Dragalina-Paraipan
programmer / UNIX administrator

e-mail: dr.clau@xnet.ro
site:   oxygen.reversedhell.net

GPG KeyID: 0EEEA121 (C52B CD32 611C 9A44 18F5 29B6 E5CB E53D 0EEE A121)
gpg --keyserver gpg.mit.edu --recv-keys 0EEEA121