Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 13:58:32 +0700 (ICT)
From:      User & <tarika@prime.oaep.go.th>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, tarika@ibm.net
Subject:   Re: what's next after "cvsup stable-supfile"

hi,

Happy New Year to you all.
and many thnks for your help.

i follow you hint and also from "'Making the world' your own"
and here is the result of my new system

FreeBSD parwati.oaep.go.th 2.2.8-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE #0: Mon Dec 28
14:22:24 ICT 1998     root@parwati.oaep.go.th:/usr/src/sys/compile/ParWaTi  i386

i just make my own kernel for turning on the firewall only.

later on, i have just noticed that i need the stable ports too.  so that i just
simply put

ports-all tag=.

in a stable-supfile and redo cvsup stable-supfile.

once  that's finished, i make some ports from a new port tree. but there is no
 any of Makefile !!

what i did was that i just copy a sample port-supfile and redo cvsup
port-supfile. again once that's finished, i go to /usr/ports and do a
'make depend'

now i can make any port from a new port tree.

am i on the right way of updating port tree via cvsup ?

many thanks in advance for your kindness.

with best regards,
pirat sriyotha

E-Mail: User & <tarika@prime.oaep.go.th>