Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:32:22 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to start kdm at last in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ ?

Hello,

I put an X.sh which looks as follows in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/.

#!/bin/sh
[ -x /usr/local/bin/kdm ] && /usr/local/bin/kdm && echo -n ' kdm'

This works as far as it starts up kdm. The problem I have, is that
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sshd.sh (as created by installing the ssh port) is
started after the X.sh script. Therefore, kdm does not get any input from
the keyboard. That's kinda bad for entering the password.

My question is: How do I make sure that X.sh is executed last?

And while I am at it: How to I tell kdm to open the X server with more
than 8 bit color depth? I have an $HOME/.xserverrc that contains 'Xwrapper
-bpp 24'. This works fine when I invoke startx by hand but it does not
when using kdm. /usr/local/share/config/kdmrc does not contain an entry to
set the color depth and I couldn't find any information on the issue in
the documentation at http://www.kde.org/. (kdehelp core dumps on my system
for some mysterious reason.)

BTW: I am using the kde-1.0 port on a FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE system.

Any hints are appreciated,

	Roland Jesse