Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:42:46 -0600
From:      "Ken Wills" <kenwills@mailbag.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>, "Theo Pope" <theopope@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Re: CDROM device not found

> Here is my CDROM information as requested by your book on page 100.
>
> Manufactured by BTC
> Model BCD 24XH
> FCC ID: E5XCD24XHU001
>
> The word barcode below simulated the actual bacode on the CDROM that I
have
> and the numbers printed around it.
>
> Barcode 6063500030
> 753622011212 QC-PASS M.I.C.
> D:2.20  F:1.7 P:C

This is maybe a little too specific - is the drive master/slave on the
primary/secondary controller?
We've been seeing lots of cdroms configured as secondary slave (without
master) which won't
work - changing it to master works fine. (There are jumpers on the back of
the drive, and on most
documentation too...)

Other than that - I've had few problems with ide cdrom drives from many
manufactures *touch wood*.

Ken

Ken Wills
kenwills@mailbag.com