Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:17:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Karwin Karwin <rhyous@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 - kernel config - options     PNPBIOS

Software
=========
FreeBSD 5.0
kernel config

PROBLEM
========
putting option in kernel
options     PNPBIOS

SYMPTOM/ERROR
==============
I am using FreeBSD 5.0

I am trying to recompile my kernel to get my onboard
Crystal Sound Card (CS4235-JQ) working.  I read the
FreeBSD Handbook and foun that my exact card isn't
listed on the support, but the ones that are listed
are very similar.  After reading section 16.2.1.3, I
added the following lines to the kernel:
     device     pcm
     device     csa
I compiled everything just fine, but the sound card
still didn't work.  So I see the section 16.2.1.5
about onboard devices and it says to add the following
line to the kernel:
     options     PNPBIOS
I added the line and when I try to run
/usr/sbin/config on my krnl file I get the following
output:
     # /usr/sbin/config KRNL0
     KRNL0: unknown option "PNPBIOS"

Question:
Is this not something supported in FreeBSD 5.0?
Or do you have to put it in a different format?

Thanks,

Jared Barneck,
rhyous@yahoo.com