Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 21:56:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Steve Prentice <steve@MAIL.bbcc.ctc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Setup

On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Steve Prentice wrote:

> Can someone help me out on setting up PPP on FreeBSD.  I want to use the
> ppp thing instead if the pppd.  I have it so I can call from home, but I
> can only get to the localhost.  Not even to others in my domain.  Any
> ideas, or example configurations would be cool (ie.
> ppp.conf,ppp.linkup,ppp.secret files).  Thanks lots.

Try this:

you should have some sample ppp.conf's in /etc/ppp.  I modified that,
made a copy of ``simplesite'', renamed it to my isp, and changed the chat
scripts as appropiate.

I didn't care about security (I'm the only user) so I skipped ppp.secret.

I don't use ppp.linkup, I just manually added the routes.

I also don't use ppp now that I have my ethernet connection back :-)

Doug White                              | Student, University of Oregon
Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Major: Computer Science
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Eugene/Spfld BBS List Publisher