Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:43:05 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <wlosh@bsdimp.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        pfg@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS-UP] BSD sort is the default sort in -CURRENT

On Jun 27, 2012, at 8:56 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
> So can we please stop pretending that it's me who's the problem, and
> start looking at these things rationally?

What is your short list of issues?  =46rom a high level there appear to =
be none, but the devil is in the details, eh?

=46rom earlier in the thread, bsdsort and gnu sort are compatible.  old, =
crunchy, unmaintained gnu sort that we have in the tree isn't compatible =
with either new gnu sort nor bsdsort.  this means it isn't compatible =
with what the linux crowd is using, which is another consideration given =
the number of shell scripts that originate there these days.

Warner