Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:00:02 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
To:        Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD bugmaster <bugmaster@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD doc list <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned doc problem reports

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 at 20:47:02 +0200, Frederik Meerwaldt wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> > > I've seen the list with the problem reports, and I thought that I
> > > could work on some of them, too (especially manpage-stuff). But I
> > > don't know where I should register to the "Docu-Team".
> >
> > You just did :-)  What you should do is work on them, then submit
> > patches using send-pr.
>
> Oh did I? :-)

Yep.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query

> Can I see the whole issue then? I know the programs in which I get a list
> of available issues, and then you can open one issue, and then assign it
> to you.
>
> The Problem here is: If I decide to fix the problem, is there a way to say
> that I do it? That nobody else does the work too, and then we have twice
> the same result. That would be a waste of time.

Not really.  It seems to work well that way mainly because if someone
could assign a PR to themselves (other than committers) and never did
anything with it, no one else could claim it without a committer's
interaction (i.e., assign the PR to someone else or back to the list).

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org
http://soupnazi.org/              BSDi Open Source Div | http://bsdi.com