Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:53:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        crtb@capecod.net
Subject:   Gawd!  Am I a newbie forever?

Just when I thought I had the hang of it :-(

Whenever I boot one of my two 2.2.2R systems, I get the configuration
menu before the boot continues.  I have to hit return to finish the
boot.  The other system boots cleanly.

I can't find anything in the configuration menu which says to turn the
damn thing off!  The system is completely configured, runs like a top,
and yet .. I can't boot hands off.  If I shutdown -r now, and come back
ten minutes later, it's sitting there in that silly menu offering me
three choices, the first of which gets the boot rolling.

sysctl -a didn't have anything which looked suggestive, and the handbook
doesn't come close, and I can't frankly think of anywhere else to look.

I find kernel code heavy sledding, but I'll try to find out if I can,
just how the various boot bits connect together.  But I could use a
pointer.

        Chuck Bacon -- crtb@capecod.net
                ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY