Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:56:20 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ld.so: ivs: libcompat.so.2.0: Undefined error: 0

>>> Doug Rabson said:
 > On Wed, 26 Jul 1995, Chuck Robey wrote:
 >
 > > On Wed, 26 Jul 1995, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:
 > >

 > > > Gee has anything changed lately.
 > > >
 > > > mwm no longer runs .
 > > > ivs is getting a strange error. ivs used to run fine about a week ago or
      so .
 > > > I have the sources for ivs so I can recompile the app however mwm is
 > > > a different story.
 > > >
 > > > 	Amancio
 > > >

 > > Every time I build an application that adds a shared lib, I get this.
 > > One reboot later it's gone.  Haven't check on more than that yet.
 >
 > You just need to run:
 >
 > 	ldconfig -m <directory you install the libs in>
 >
 > This searches the directory and adds any shared libs to
 > /var/run/ld.so.hints so that they can be found by the app.

Tnks!

But I have rebooted several times --- I got to play Descent once
in a while :) if I am not mistaken ldconfig gets run during
the boot sequence.

And I have done ldconfig <directory - list> several times.

Something is wrong here and I suspect ld.so .

Also, I have done several sups over the last week hoping to get all
the commits and that I didn't a get a submit in the middle which
will cause the behavior that I am experiencing.

Amancio