Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:41:21 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>
Cc:        Yuri Gindin <yuri@xpert.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: preventing MSP3400C resets on Hauppauge cards

Frank,

> You made an options HAUPPAUGE_MSP_RESET, which toggled a GPIO line
> to reset the msp3400c chip. This way it had worked in all kinds of
> soft/hard/cold boots for me without ever booting W95 since then.

The problem with Yuri's card, and the MSP3400c card we had in our lab
once
was that the driver has NO support for the 3400c chip (only for the
3410/3415 chips).
So, you get no audio at all on the Hauppauge cards. The only workaround
(unless the
driver gets written for the 3400c) is to boot Windows first, run the
Windows TV software
to set up the MSP3400C and then reboot.

The current bt848 driver always resets all 34xx chips at boot time. This
is no good
if you want to preserve Windows's hardware initialisation.

Bye
Roger