Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:08:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, doconnor@gsoft.com.au
Subject:   Re:  SMP and SO5.0

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Luoqi Chen wrote:
> You may try my patch at http://www.freebsd.org/~luoqi, which would allow
> linux threads to run on SMP.

I've gone through these patches and I can see that they are really needed
for SMP where address spaces are shared.

There are details I didn't get, such as where is the per-processor
pde pointed, (i.e. where is the per processor KVM range) and is there a
single page table for each processor that is
always mapped into the processor specific slot for that process.

another question that is raised I guess is how do we tell gdb to switch
between processors when reading core-dumps :-).