Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:41:28 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limit on the number of disklabel entries?

In message <006301c0830a$65959f70$b8209fc0@marlowe> "Shawn Barnhart" writes:
: Is there a hard limit on the number of disk label entries?

Yes.  a-h is all you get.  On boot disks, a is /, b is swap.  On all
disks 'c' is the whole disk (too many things break when you ignore
this rule).

: I have a disk slice defined with partitions a-h and would like to an 'i'
: entry to finish off the disk space.  Is this not permitted?  When I try to
: create the device, I get the following error:

Nope.

Warner