Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:00:24 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: to move csup 90 to subversion 91rc

--------------enig56EC60F734BEDDB07532A194

On 02/09/2012 23:43, Darrel wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> If my csup file looks about like this:
>=20
> *default host=3Dthis_working_mirror
> *default base=3D/var/db
> *default prefix=3D/usr
> *default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_9_0
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>=20
> and my machine now has devel/subversion
>=20
> what is the quickest way to get the new release candidate sources with =
svn?
>=20
> Then, can I simply build{w,k}, install{w,k} as before?

I'm not sure if svn can be made to 'take over' a tree of files already
obtained by non-svn means.  I believe not.  Therefore to get hold of
9.1rc do:

  # cd /usr
  # mv src src.old
  # svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/9.1 src

and then later on to update your tree with any changes from upstream:

  # svn up

Note: the first time you update from a SVN tree, you'll get a lot of
mergemaster false positives, because the format of the $FreeBSD$ VCS id
string is different.  Use of 'mergemaster -F' is recommended.

Et voil=E0.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20