Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:37:11 -0600
From:      Matthew Stover <mtstover@midway.uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Printing on a BJC-2000

I am having trouble getting FreeBSD to even send an lptest to a Canon BJC 2000
printer.  When I look at dmesg, it says
ppbus0: <Canon BJC-2000/1.10> PRINTER BJL,BJRaster,BSCC,TXT01
lpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <generic parallel i/o> on ppbus 0
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus 0

It knows what the printer is, but can't send data to it at all.  I have tried
polled mode as well to the same result.  I don't get an error, it thinks for a
second and then just gives me a new prompt.  Any ideas would be much
appreciated.