Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:26:48 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xload dumps core with new phkmalloc

Poul-Henning Kamp said:

> Seems like you have to start looking at X11 then :-(

What does MALLOC_OPTIONS=Z mean? What does MALLOC_OPTIONS!=Z mean?
Does phkmalloc of zero bytes return NULL as it does in SVR4 when you
link with -lmalloc, or on Linux, or or SunOS when you link with -llwp?

Dunno, if X works on dozens of platforms, with all the various and sundry
mallocs that are out there like gnumalloc, bsdmalloc, Caltech malloc,
Connor Cahill's malloc, Purify, Sentinel, etc., etc., but it doesn't work
with phkmalloc, how daring would it be for me to suggest that phkmalloc
is the culprit??? :-)

I don't want to have to figure out sup to get the source to phkmalloc,
I've just got too many other things on my plate at the moment. Is it on
freefall in -current yet? Otherwise can someone tar up the sources,
uuencode them, and mail them to me?

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY
X Consortium