Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 19:30:46 +0100
From:      se@freebsd.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr (Jean-Marc Zucconi)
Cc:        se@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 NCR controllers, problem.

On Jan 28, jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr (Jean-Marc Zucconi) wrote:
>  > You may need to extend the probe wait time:
>
>  > options         SCSI_DELAY=30
>
> 30 is very long! Setting SCSI_DELAY=8 already works :-)

Well, I really thought about suggesting to find out
the lowest value working reliably, but I was just to
tired from working too long, that day, and supposed
you would find out yourself, and in fact you did :)

I seem to remember, that 30 seconds is the maximum
time allowed for selftest of a SCSI device, before
it must be able to reply to an INQUIRY command ...

Regards, STefan