Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 1995 17:49:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help with SCSI development (fwd)

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

> > There is already software in 4.4-Lite which is designed specifically
> > for this purpose, although it is named badly and probably would take a
> > bit of porting work to get it up to speed.  See /sys/dev/cd.c in a
> > convenient 4.4-Lite tree.
>
> That stuff is a hack.
>
> I agree with Terry, this should be done "The Right Way".

Can I ask what may be a stupid question?  When you call a strategy
function you either chain it into the start queue or start the I/O
and then return.  Then you call biodone to block.  What is the
flaw in thinking that you can call a set of strategies and then a
set of biodones?

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936