Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:59:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        asmodai@wxs.nl (Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On Desktops and defaults

> > Seriously, the way to get momentum is to pull in the same direction,
> > for better or for worse.
>
> Well, the way I can see it if we make one desktop the preferred, default
> one, yer always bound to get arguments otherwise. So this is the best way
> to solve these problem before they arrive...
>
> I hope the rest agrees on this, as it is still the wagon we call (Free)BSD
> which we need to pull with the entire community.
>
> Comments are offcourse always welcome, especially after my beautysleep =P

Well, the issue is that default modules aren't modular.

I think that a default desktop module that you have to opt out of
is the best strategy for embracing the command-line challenged.

If that means that the arguments commence until such time as the
default can be modularly removed... good.  Something needs to drive
the modularization that isn't happening now.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.