Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:21:43 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Documenting FreeBSD Officers, Hats, and Working Groups

--h56sxpGKRmy85csR

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:48:53PM +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:02:05PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> > The information about the membership of our various committees is
> > sparsely documented.  The FreeBSD Contributor's Guide contains a list
> > of the core team members, but says nothing about re@ or portmgr@, for
> > example.  Similarly, the releng pages list the membership of those two
> > groups without listing the members on security-officer@ or the trb@.
> >=20
> > I think all of these hats/groups have worked out well, but I think we
> > should provide a single document with this information.  Maybe we just
> > need to update some of the pages in the internal website, or maybe a
> > new document needs to be created, but right now, it is pretty hard to
> > keep track of all of the different "hats".
> >=20
> > Any takers?
>=20
> I'll have a go if the information can be provided to me.
> I'm aware of portmgr@, re@, core@, doceng@, so@ and trb@ but I don't know=
 who
> is in all of them (and some of them aren't really "hats"), and there may =
be
> others.

The 'who is in all of them' question is the easy part: take a look at
hub:/etc/aliases :)

> I can think of two places off the top of my head, but could do with some
> input as to where would be most appropriate: i) the existing hats article;
> ii) the "Who is Responsible for What" part of the contributors article.
> I'm open to other suggestions.

I think the hats article would be a good choice, with a couple of links
to it from both the Handbook and the Contributors article.
[clickety-click]
The above represents me writing and then removing a sentence suggesting
that we should place this in the Handbook.  On second thought, maybe the
Hats and Contributors articles were extracted for a reason, and the
Handbook should be kept for really everyday use procedures and problems.
So yep, IMHO, the Hats article would be a good choice.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.

--h56sxpGKRmy85csR

--h56sxpGKRmy85csR--