Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 00:18:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jesse@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De, rcarter@pinyon.org
Subject:   Re: ACE 4.6 on -current (still)

Russell L. Carter wrote:
> > |Russell,

> > |Hhm, it does not for me as you can see in
> > |http://www.apfel.de/~jesse/gmake.ACE.out.
> >
> > This output doesn't look anything at all like mine.
> >

> > |Would you mind sharing your files? I would appreciate it.
> >
> > You bet.  I'll post a pointer to these tonight.
>
> Wow.  Reversing the path shows how much we need the POSIX
> sched stuff.  These will get you started.  I have a weird
> fix for the TAO idl compiler when somebody else gets that
> far (gperf enabled).
>
> Try:
>
> http://www.Pinyon.ORG/ace/config-freebsd3.h
>
> and
>
> http://www.Pinyon.ORG/ace/platform_freebsd3.GNU
>
> These are verified for ACE today, FreeBSD-current yesterday.

I'm working on the libc_r scheduling stuff, if anyone cares.
It includes all functions needed to allow defining
_POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING (pthread_getschedparam,
pthread_setschedparam, etc), and also includes priority
protection and inheritence mutexes.

I just started writing some simple tests to verify the mutex
implementation, but I'd like to eventually try out the ACE tests
also.  I'm not ready to release the changes yet, but contact
me offline if you want, and I'll send you them when I'm done.

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com