Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 13:25:54 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Matthias Buelow <mkb@altair.mayn.de>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 07:22:19AM +0200, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> BTW.. although risking to be off-topic by miles, I always liked the way
> how NetBSD's ftp(1) (since 1.4 or so) implemented http and ftp URL
> fetching and thus eliminated the need for a fetch(1) command.
> Couldn't the FreeBSD ftp(1) be enhanced that way, [ObTopic, slime slime]
> to use fetch(3) for that purpose?
>
> (Or just "steal" the NetBSD implementation, FreeBSD aren't the Knights
> who say NIH, I would hope.)

NetBSD's ftp(1), was stolen^Wadded to FreeBSD quite a while ago, I
think it happened around 2.2.2. Our ftp(1) has HTTP and
FTP-support since then.
It doesn't use fetch(3) though, but I guess one can live with
that :).

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet