Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:52:44 -0600
From:      Drew Raines <drew-dated-1009209165.23ece5@phg.mc.vanderbilt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel 82801BA (ICH2) no likey mp3

I had this same problem with OpenBSD.  I heard FreeBSD didn't, so I tried
it.  But it does the same thing -- mp3 playback is too fast.

Does anyone use this chip with satisfactory results?  I could give mpg123 a
``-r57600'' and have them play on OBSD somewhat correctly, but there was
considerable noise.  -r doesn't even slow them down on FreeBSD, though.

root@morris ( ~ )$ dmesg | grep ^pcm
pcm0: <Intel 82801BA (ICH2)> port 0xcc40-0xcc7f,0xc800-0xc8ff irq 10 \
   at device 31.5 on pci0
root@morris ( ~ )$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE

--