Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 01:10:31 -0300
From:      Alvaro Pereira <starthir@brasilnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange user ppp behavior

hi,

i'm having some problems with user ppp. I can connect to my ISP, but
exactly 1 minute later an
error message appears in my LOG:
Phase: deflink: HDLC errors -> FCS: 0, ADDR: 0, COMD: 0, PROTO: 1
What is that? My modem is a US Robotics Sportster 33600...

Well, but i don't think this is the main problem...
When i use just ftp, or just http and so on, everything goes pretty fine...
but when i use them together, then
the link just get quiet, nothing goes, nothing comes.... but the link is
still up... if i disconnect and reconnect again, the same thing happens.
The weird thing is that even using "just" ftp, i use at least the dns
resolver too, and that doesn't seen to make any problem... i'm sure that's
not the timeout....

thanks

Alvaro Pereira