Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2014 21:51:11 -0800
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@chrisbowman.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

Adrian,
	Hi!  Thank you for your response.  Booting verbose does indeed =
produce more information.  It still reaches the Timecounters line but =
now also produces the following output after that:

vlan: initialized, using hash tables with chaining
tcp_init: net.inet.tcp.tcphashsize auto tuned to 16384
lo0: bpf attached
hpt27xx: no controller detected.
hptrr: no controller detected.
hptnr: no controller detected.

And then it hangs again with no indication of why and you have to push =
reset as the keyboard is non responsive.  Any suggestions?  Again I=E2=80=99=
m happy to try and suggestion or even loan out the machine to someone =
who=E2=80=99s looking for a puzzle to solve.  (You=E2=80=99re here in =
the bay area aren=E2=80=99t you?  I think we met at a meetBSD year =
before last, was that you?)

Again, thanks for the response and don=E2=80=99t hesitate if you have =
more questions or suggestions.

Christopher

<crb@chrisbowman.com> wrote:
>> I have a pretty stock Intel DP35DP board with and E8400 Core2Duo and =
the latest BIOS off the Intel website.  This board runs 7.1 and 8.4 =
fine.  However neither 9.1 nor 10.1 will boot the AMD64 memstick kernel =
beyond the =E2=80=9CTimecounters tick every 1.000 msec=E2=80=9C section =
of probing.  It wedges hard after that line and you have to pus the =
reset button.  I=E2=80=99ve tried turning off ACPI in the boot loader.  =
That does not work.  I=E2=80=99ve tried turning on and off most of the =
options in the BIOS that seem like they might impact things and none of =
those have worked.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is anyone running =
this board under 9.x or 10.x?  I can make this system available to =
anyone in the bay area if you=E2=80=99re looking for a project.  Any =
help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.  If I=E2=80=99ve sent =
this to the wrong list, please let me know privately.