Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 02:12:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' List)
Subject:   2.1-951104-SNAP: more on net problems

Hello.

As some of you may recall, I'm having problems with the new machine
I installed and the network: I thought I couldn't simply log in via
net, but I have some more data now:

interface ed0: 194.179.128.33 255.255.255.0, it works, as I can
ftp/telnet/whatever to another FBSD box (2.0.5). It won't see any
other machine on the same network, though, and one of those is its
router (Cisco 4500).

I can't exactly quote the output of netstat right now (too bad I
didn't write it down, no the machine isn't phisically here), but
it's fine: the only strange thing is that it won't see the router,
so I can't telnet in via network.

The router (194.179.128.254) is on the same network and works fine
for all the other machines.

/etc/sysconfig says NO TCP extensions (but nothing changes if I set
them to YES).

I tried changing the IP address to something else, either very low
(3) or near to the router's (250), no go.

The ARP entry for the router is reported correctly if I ping
194.179.128.255 from the router itself (it founds this new machine),
but I can't still connect.

Any idea? Need some other input (please specify)?

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1