Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 1999 18:16:08 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Kurt Jones" <kurt@woftam.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FrontPage Extensions

From: Kurt Jones <kurt@woftam.com.au>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have installed the Frontpage Extensions to our FreeBSD/Apache server
using
> the supplied script. Everything seems to complete OK but when I try to
> publish a page with a FrontPage specific component (webform, counter etc),
> get an error saying that the server does not have the FrontPage extensions
> installed.
>
> Where should I start looking to squash this?

How did you install the FP Exts (Apache-FP port or install.sh script)?

If you used the apache13-fp port, check the Apache config logs and make sure
that the httpd-error.log contains this line:

[Sat Nov 21 17:46:58 1998] [notice] Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) FrontPage/3.0.4.3
configured -- resuming normal operations

 If it doesn't check for mod_frontpage.so in your /usr/local/libexec/apache
directory.  If it doesn't exist they you'll need to recompile the
Apache13-FP port (make clean, make build). If it does exist, and you are
getting *_vti_bin/shtml.exe/* errors. Compare your apache config files
(httpd.conf, access.conf, srm.conf) with the ones installed by the
apache13-fp port (*-dist).  Pay particular attention to the <Directory / >
..... </Directory> directives as you'll need to ensure that AllowOverride is
set to All, and for any User/Virtual webs in which you want the FP Exts to
run, they will need Options ExecCGI.

NOTE: Don't change the first Directory directive for the root directory.

Scot