Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:20:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        phk@haven.freebsd.dk
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, rwatson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network-related device drivers and MPSAFEty: status, and plans for 7.0

> Some of the mii/phy drivers we have are specific to just one particular
> network driver.

I've been looking into listing the mii drivers to include in a given
kernel.  For the general case, we want to include them all.  For
specific cases, only a small subset are necessary.  I don't think
tying them to a specific driver is necessarily the right way to go, as
old designs have a bad habit of reappearing in new when you least
expect it.

Warner