Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 21:51:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Studded <Studded@dal.net>, Hostas Red <kong@kkk.ml.org>
Subject:   Re: Firewall in kernel? - Found it!

If this is a new kernel, then here is the explanation:

/usr/include/netinet/ip_fw.h has changed.  That causes old /sbin/ipfw to
fail.

To make things more exciting, m,ake world also fails for the same reason.
In /usr/src/lib/libalias/alias_db.c, it fails to compile because, in line
2062, it misses:

    #include <net/if.h>

There may be still more trouble there, but I am still compiling.

I guess, the idea that any header file change requires complete world and
kernel compile and regression test prior to commit, is not as universally
accepted as one may think.

Simon

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro