Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:52:28 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Jeff Lee <dibble@cc.gatech.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why does installing X require the compat3x and compat4x dists

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:48:16PM -0400, Jeff Lee wrote:
| When I installed linux-mandrake, it installed XFree86 4.0 and worked
| fine, but under FreeBSD it wouldn't work.

Right now this is only an annoyance, but I wonder if there is anything that
could streamline building 4.x so it works and installs as smoothly as 3.x?
There has to be some issue (or handful of issues) that are making this much
more difficult than it needs to be.

I wish I knew what I could do to help, but it's beyond my ability right now.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.