Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 10:16:53 -0500
From:      Paul Werkowski <pw@SonetechCorp.Com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Full Duplex Sound Card

    my driver supports many new "no name"16-bit PnP cards. Basically,
    if you see a card which is advertised as "16-bit compatible "
    and it is PnP, chances are that it works with my driver.
    Also if you see references to WSS/MSS, that should be a
    good indication. As well as the use of Crystal 423x, OPTI931, Yamaha
    SA-2 ...

    The only exception might be ESS cards which are not full duplex
    anyways.

        Cheers
        Luigi

Are the ESS chips supported in native mode or just
Sound Blaster compatible mode? These suckers are showing
up in a lot of notebook computers and it would be great
to be able to access all features in 16-bit mode.

Regards,
Paul Werkowski