Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 11:05:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@bluemtn.net>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
Cc:        Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH and Krb5, FreeBSD style...

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:

> Unfortunately,  the `integrated  Heimdal'  package is  still far  from
> complete.   You  can  find  some  of  what  you  are  looking  for  as
> /usr/bin/k5init, k5admin,  k5su, and so on.   However, notably missing
> is a KDC and integration with any of the standard clients/daemons such
> as TELNET and FTP.  For  these additional pieces, install Heimdal from
> the ports system (/usr/ports/security/heimdal).

There is a KDC installed. I had to struggle a little to find it, but it's
there.
ls -l /usr/libexec/kdc

The manpage for telnet does talk about Kerb5 support. There are also some
#ifdef KRB5 in the crypto telnet source. Dunno if any of that works as my
telnet binary isn't linked againt the shared library.

Ran out of energy to check the ftp source.

-gordon