Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 22:38:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        ErikGavlefors <erik.gavlefors@uhreg.mil.se>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Search engine

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, ErikGavlefors wrote:

> I am building an Intranet using FreeBSD and Apache. Now I am looking for
> a search engine to search the Intranet, and I just wonder which one you
> use.

At this moment, freewais-sf + a bit of perl.

I'm not fond of this however.  The software is quite unstable.

Although there are one or two crippling bugs at this instant, I
am much more enthusiastic about CNIDR's Isearch (part of Isite).
The current problem releates to indexing files that are bigger
than can fit in memory.

-john