Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 18:13:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, core@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: broken loader?

In message <20010527170810.A91713@hub.freebsd.org> "David O'Brien" writes:
: I want the backing of Core that NO FICL upgrades or major .4th changes
: can be committed until they have been tested (compiled and booted) on all
: platforms.  I really don't think I would be allowed to upgrade the
: toolchain if it had only been tested on Alpha and x86.  I fail to see why
: something as important and fundamental as the loader (and harder to
: replace if you FUBAR it and loader.old) should be any different.

Recall that there are three supported platforms.  pc98's boot sequence
is enough different than the IBM AT's that i386 port uses that it too
should be tested as well.

Warner