Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:17:37 +0200
From:      Rudolf Cejka <cejkar@fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org, eik@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with looping fetch auditfile.tbz from ftp sites

Hello,
  I have problems with slowly coming ftp-DoS on ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org. What
about the other mirror sites? It started two weeks ago (and it is visible
since one week ago). When anybody installs security/portaudit, it wants
to automatically fetch -1am portaudit.tbz every day (?). If somebody is
protected by firewall, ftp server could not establish data connection and
returns error in an control connection. Unfortunately it seems to me,
that flags -1am for fetch mean to retry data download all the time
(-a = Automatically retry the transfer upon soft failures). Am I right?
Is it possible to do something with it? Thanks.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology