Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 15:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22704: cyrus and cyrus-sasl both install pwcheck startup scripts, only cyrus-sasl installs pwcheck

The following reply was made to PR ports/22704; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To: ecronin@eecs.umich.edu
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:19:36 -0600

 On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 05:18:31PM -0500, ecronin@eecs.umich.edu wrote:

 > The mail/cyrus and security/cyrus-sasl ports both install scripts in
 > /usr/local/etc/rc.d (cyrus.sh and pwcheck.sh respectively) which start the
 > pwcheck program at startup.

 I want to add that these scripts should be installed as e.g.
 `pwcheck.sh.sample', so that (1) local customizations are not overridden
 and (2) a new service isn't started the next time one boots.

 This is especially true for cyrus-sasl ... other packages may depend on
 libsasl.
 --
 Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org