Date:      Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@fledge.watson.org>
To:        "Gunther, Dean (Dean)" <dgunther@lucent.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD on Laptop

I assume you tried to configure the kernel before running the install
program.

Assuming the handbook:

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

or the hardware notes:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html

Do not cover your hardware, I would ask the hardware question to
freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org and/or hardware@freebsd.org. There may be a
driver that will recognize your CDROM.