Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 08:13:52 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freefall status.

freefall's 3rd drive, misbehaving for ages, finally got too sick to live
last night and so Poul and I powered it down and bagged our plans for
2.0.5.  I think the portents were simply too significantly against it.

Since freefall seemed to want to be down anyway, I took the opportunity
for some long delayed and put-off things like the 2.0 upgrade, a general
reshuffle of our disk space resources and some other tweaks that I've been
meaning to get to for a long time.  I also tossed the old /usr/ports and
/usr/src (they're on tape and the old cvs tree - fear not) and replaced
them with the current sources.  That and the ncvs -> cvs change, which
I'll save for another day, should go a long way towards getting outselves
out of the 1.x legal swamp.

freefall is upgrading itself to -current right now as there are some
embarassing bugs in 2.0 that we wouldn't want on freefall, and it
should be ready for a return to service sometime early Tuesday morning.

					Jordan