Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 22:47:15 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ideas from netbsd

Terry Lambert writes:
> Building a FreeBSD thread-safe library gives you a thread-safe library.
>
> Taking NetBSD's work after it's done gives you a thread-safe library.
>
> I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see the duplication of
> effort in doing the same thing twice.  ;-).

But the work in NetBSD isn't related to NetBSD.  It's work that CAP has
done for either group, so we're just bringing in the outside work in the
same manner as NetBSD did.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see
that there's more chance for errors getting the work second-hand when
you can get it first-hand. *grin*

Nate