Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 2015 00:13:11 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pivot_root() and FreeBSD

.. and it won't work for upgrading routers, as the MIPS things don't use lo=
ader.

On 3 August 2015 at 00:11, Edward Tomasz Napiera=C5=82a <trasz@freebsd.org>=
 wrote:
> On 0803T1148, Julian Elischer wrote:
>> On 3/4/15 12:51 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>> > I am trying to do, in effect an PXE boot/install on a local volume - a=
nd would like the machine to cut over into normal running without a reboot*=
.

>> > So effectively I would like to do the equivalent of pivot_root() and p=
erhaps something special for init(8), and then jettison md, nfs and what no=
t.

>> > Is there any way to do this on 10.1 or -current ? Or has anyone recent=
ly done work on Adrian Steinmann his 'Pivot Root for BSD=E2=80=99** ?