Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2022 07:48:03 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't you eat your own dog food?

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:19:07 +0100 (CET), iio7@tutanota.com wrote:
>This question is mainly to the FreeBSD developers, as the title
> say, why don't you eat your own dog food?
>
>I don't think I have ever seen anyone from the FreeBSD project
>giving a presentation, or doing a live stream, or a YouTube video,
>or anything else in which you can see the persons computer
>screen, in which he or she runs FreeBSD as the desktop
>operating system. Either it's Mac OS or Windows.
>
>So, what's up with that?

Hi,

I can't comment on the presentations you have seen or speak for FreeBSD
developers. My point of view is a consumer's [1] point of view.
However, lets take a look at the developer of another product.

Somebody might be a developer of a Japanese company's guitars, but
instead of driving a motorcycle from the same company this developer
does use public transport or might ride a motorcycle from another
company.

Actually I'm playing an acoustic guitar from a Japanese vendor and I'm
the owner of a driving licence for motorcycles, as well as cars, but I'm
using public transport only. This Japanese vendor also sells audio and
video equipment. Some of my audio and video equipment is from this
vendor, too, but most is from different companies. I'm not addicted to a
company.

My white goods are from different companies, too, while each of those
companies does sell all the kinds of white goods I need.

Related to operating systems it's the same. I'm not bound to an
operating system. Operating systems aren't a fundamentalist's religion.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] Even when using a product for professional purpose, I still remain
    a consumer of this product.