Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:22:28 +0100
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        Chris Lynch <lynch@cityisp.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was something unrelated :)]

Hi,

** > > > If you were American, then here's a little thought for you:-
** > > >   During the Gulf war, you killed more allies than you did the
enemy.
** > >
**
** Yeah, we probably killed more of our own troops than Iraq's fearsome
army
** did. I wonder how many of them we (Americans) killed? Was it actually
near
** the hundred thousand, we've been told? I know we annialated an entire
** interstate of stolen cars filled with iraqi troops( bad I
** Yeah, we probably killed more of our own troops than Iraq's fearsome
army
** did. I wonder how many of them we (Americans) killed? Was it actually
near
** the hundred thousand, we've been told? I know we annialated an entire
** interstate of stolen cars filled with iraqi troops( bad Idea, if you
were
** an Iraqi fleeing kuwait.) in the end, since We end up being the watchdog
** for everyone (You see it's either, You beg us for help, or you hate us
for
** not helping...either way, most of us don't really care anymore as far as
** which country thinks we're evil. We've watched enough bbc to grow
callous
** to whether or not terrorist hate us for being american. that's why the
** government is trigger happy, ala the nigerian plant that was destroyed
** a while back. We're also paranoid when it comes to arab terrorist(
** which SUCKS if you are an Arab-American trying just to survive here),
but,
** then again who cares, most Americans Fear EAch Other, not some Foreign
** power...how the hell is going to Invade this place, short from nukes We
** are safer from invasion. In the US, people blow each other away for
** whatever reason, such as, I get picked on, so I'm going to go kill the
** a few people. After the news is over Entertainment Tonight comes
** on...DAMN, look at what SHe's Wearing!!!...so much for making an
** impression. We have more problems with God-fearing gun toting
psychopaths
** here than anyone else. Ask most people who Bin-Laden is they don't know.
** Ask them what Jennifer Lopez was wearing 90% can tell you. We have more
** problems with people here wanting to blow it up or shoot up the place.
**
**
** Give all Americans Guns. What the hell. The Big Ol Gun argument should
** have a middle ground...Either take them ALL away , or give everyone a
Gun.
** It doesn't matter to me. If I have a gun and some asshole walks into
** MAcdonalds and starts shooting, I'm shooting back.
** BUT, if we don't have guns, he has to walk in with a Slingshot, which
** means we will just kick his ass.
**
** Plus, will future releases of FreeBSD be shipped WITH Guns or Without??
**

Exactly :)

Chris.