Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:13:22 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        Matt Haught <haughtlists@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DP2 iso crash on boot

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:21:56PM -0500, Matt Haught wrote:
> With the DP2 iso (from ftp5), I get a crash on boot right after the acpi
> module is loaded.  The error is (manually copied) and occured 5 out of 5
> times that I tried:

I recently worked on loading 5.0 onto a dual Xeon which panic'd in a
similar way.  You might be able to avoid the problem by stopping the
loader before it boots the kernel, and issuing:

        unset ACPI_LOAD

at the loader prompt.  Then issue the boot command manually.  That may
get you going.  If so, you should be able to add the following to your
/boot/loader.conf file:

        exec="unset ACPI_LOAD"

Good luck!

-Brian