Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:29:30 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Output change of 'pkg info' after 1.2.

--mejza3ZMMA5Za1mX

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 01:54:22AM +0900, Yasuhiro KIMURA wrote:
> From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: Re: Output change of 'pkg info' after 1.2.
> Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:24:09 +0100
>=20
> > On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 04:36:00PM +0100, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> >> On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 00:13:38 +0900 (JST)
> >> Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu@utahime.org> wrote:
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> Just tested, pkg 1.1.4 vs. 1.2.1
> >>=20
> >> pkg info -q pkg-name is identical on both, but "-f" vs no parameter
> >> definitely changed and this seems like a bug to me.
> >>=20
> >=20
> > It is not a bug, but intended as requested by a lot of users. To mimic =
the
> > pkg_info behaviour.
> >=20
> > pkg info -q shows nothing on purpose as well as pkg info -q is used by =
the
> > scripts like portmaster or by the ports tree and only the return value =
is
> > checked
> > 0 means something was found 1 means nothing was found.
>=20
> Thank you for explanation.
>=20
> Then I have one question. Is there any way to get same output as=20
> 'pkg info pkg-name' of 1.1.x? I tried some combination of options but
> could not find proper one.
>=20
only pkg query now.

pkg query "%n-%v" and to simply your life you could probably have in your
pkg.conf (since pkg 1.2)
alias: {
  whatis : "query '%n-%v'"
}

$ pkg whatis pkgconf
pkgconf-0.9.3

etc.

I should create some kind of polling to see what do people expect before fi=
xing
a feature request, because sometime onces request defeats what others expec=
ts.

regards,
Bapt

--mejza3ZMMA5Za1mX