Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:51:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        tony@thing.sunquest.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MBR/Win95/IDE (3 questions)

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:
> If you have an IDE disk and a SCSI disk, to boot FreeBSD from the SCSI
> disk if the IDE is the first in the INT 13 chain, you will have to hack
> both the boot loader and the files locore.s and autoconf.c (to set the
> ddevice numbers, since the DX register only supports 0x80 and 0x81 drive
> ID's) in /sys/i386/i386, then rebuild a kernel.

Actually, it's a only the bootstrap loader that needs to be modified; last
time I did it it was a one-line fix in boot.c .

> 					Terry Lambert

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[