Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 07:11:33 +1000
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
Cc:        "David Nugent" <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>, "chat@freebsd.org" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD? :-)

On Tue, 24 Jun 97 14:10:06  "Francisco Reyes" wrote:

> I think Unix/FreeBSD won't get more acceptance at the desktop until
> there is more emphasis placed on usability.  For instance setting up
> dialup PPP should not require people to understand so many things.

Setting up my first *BSD PPP connection took 10 minutes, and I spent a
couple of hours with Windows 95. :-(

Nevertheless, some sample setup files that make the PPP setup look
"just like" a Windows 95 box from the point of view of the ISP seeing
the incoming connection would be useful.

A similar set of files and/or documentation that setup PPP for
incoming Windows 95 connections would be useful too, for ISPs and
others supporting dialin.

Giles