Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:28:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Optimization changed from TIME to SPACE

Hi, Duke;

This message means that the filesystem in question (/usr) is beginning to
fill up.  Have a look at your `df` output, your /usr partition is likely
nearing its capacity.

The error message itself means the kernel and related file subsystems are
attempting to optimize writes by space on the drive, to try and save as
much room as possible.  Generally, this means slower writes, but, perhaps
more importantly, it means you're just about out of room :-)

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  50% Owner, Technical and Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2