Date:      Sun, 22 May 2016 18:55:19 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: myrepo.conf && url: file:....

El día Sunday, May 22, 2016 a las 06:49:44PM +0200, Kurt Jaeger escribió:

> Hi!
>
> > > the FILE-protocol specification allows for a hostname, so in general it is:
> > > file://<host>/<path>
>
> > > When specifying a path on the local machine, the <host>-part
> > > can be left out (or replaced with localhost), leaving you with
> > > either
>
> > > file://localhost/<path>
> > > or its abbreviation
> > > file:///<path>.
>
> > Thanks for the feedback. I think, the man page pkg.conf(5) should
> > mention this, esp. when the old systax does not work anymore.
>
> pkg.conf(5) refers to libfetch(3) [this should be fetch(3)],
> which explains the syntax, which correctly mentions file:///,
> but in a very unreadable way:

> But: This allows file:/path, which your tests show to fail.
>
> Interesting.

Yes, installing the (first) pkg gave an error after hitting y (install).
Something like

   usr/PKGDIR.20150726/xproto-7.0.28.txz file not found

i.e. the first / was missing, which let me put in one slash more, which
did not worked either, and than file:///usr/PKGDIR.20150726 which worked fine.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Die Verkaufsschlager des Buchmarkts geben Auskunft über den Zustand einer Gesellschaft bzw.