Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:28:28 +0300
From:      Michael Zhilin <mizhka@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Mori Hiroki <yamori813@yahoo.co.jp>,  "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't use mge on 88F5181

Hi Adrian, Hiroki,

Did you manage this issue? Actually I see similar issue with BCM53115/53125
and bgmac/dwc.
What I have:
  - Asus RT-N53 with working bgmac driver and with embedded switch (BCM5758)
  - Asus RT-N16 (dead) and Netgear WNR3500: same bgmac driver and external
switch BCM53115 and CPU BCM4718 and default configuration (unmanaged mode,
all in one VLAN, port based VLAN is on, 1Q VLAN is on).

Laptop sends packets and according to switch's MIB switch forwards it to
CPU port and according to gmac's MIB packets are received by gmac (roughly
same size, wireshark shows 42 send bytes, MIB shows 44 received bytes),
there is no errors in MIB (like corrupted packets), but there is no
interrupts/DMA transactions as well.

I don't know what is actual problem, but it seems that DMA of bgmac doesn't
work. Same code works with embedded switch.

If you have any idea, please

Thanks!