Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 12:50:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads up, -stable, for an oncoming merge!

sup and CTM folks have probably noticed things popping up under the
RELENG_2_1_0 tag for the last couple of days - phase one of my 2.2
userland merge.

What's coming in over the next 24 hours will be merged secure, eBones,
bin, etc, share/mk, lib/csu, release and gnu subdirectories.

What won't be merged:

o Clients of gnumalloc continue to use it, since phkmalloc won't be
  coming into the 2.1-stable tree.  gnumalloc also remains in gnu/lib.
o Any support specifically for threads.
o pccard related files in /etc.

You *WILL* need to do a make world for this, the mk files have been
changed!  I've also brought over the 2.2 bsd.port.mk because it was
easier to do so than not to - if it turns into a major hassle then
we can revert it, but I suspect that most people won't even notice.

					Jordan